At Data Minded, data engineers are at the heart of what we do. As part of our young and fast-growing team based in Belgium, you take part in complex data analytics projects through their entire lifecycle. Besides design and implementation, this also includes following up on project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
You're interested in helping organisations become data minded and your idea of fun involves scalable compute clusters or massive data processing. You are convinced sensor data and IoT will have a big impact on society in the coming years and you want to be part of that shift. You are a fan of open source technology and you are not blind to its pitfalls. You are eager to learn and you like to work in a dynamic, no-nonsense start-up environment.
- Architect, develop and deploy a wide range of data applications, both on-premise and in the cloud
- Design complex analytics solutions with large data sets on distributed systems
- Work independently, prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks, and manage work time effectively.
- Provide thought leadership for clients and partners to help them understand the data analytics landscape
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Programming experience with one or more languages: Python, C#, Java, Scala, C/C++, ...
- Basic understanding of databases and SQL
- Linux experience
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Math or a technically oriented field.
- 5 years of relevant experience in software development, solution engineering, technical consulting; with expertise in architecting and rolling out new technology and solution initiatives.
- Experience with big data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- Excellent coding skills and deep knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning algorithms, on large data sets.
- Good understanding of cloud possibilities and limitations in the areas of distributed systems, load balancing and networking, massive data storage, and security.
- Able to mentor junior members and give technical advice and direction.
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or French
- Competitive salary
- 20% time for side projects, learning and experimentation
- Company car (choose your own!) + European fuel card
- EUR 5000 training budget per year
- Health care insurance
- Healthy breakfasts
- Meal vouchers
About Data Minded
Data Minded is a fast-growing team, passionate about data. We are all engineers. We all write code on a daily basis. We put our people ahead of our products and our products ahead of our profits. We choose long-term gains over short-term profits. We are big believers of open source, cloud technology and IoT. We are based in Leuven.
Data Minded has grown from an idea to becoming a local leader in data analytics. We have delivered several successful projects in the areas of telecom, healthcare, biotech and others. We provide technical training to the community and advise large corporations on how to approach data projects. To achieve these results, we keep an open mind, we adapt fast and we always tell the truth as we see it. We coach and mentor each other. We learn from our mistakes and share our learnings.
Then we would love to have a talk with you. Get in touch by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.